Sunday, December 3, 2017

Hanatea turns 21!


This has been one of the most stressful weeks of my mission - but it included Thanksgiving and a birthday! It's been a while since I've been too stressed to actually sleep. 

We've been working hard in this area in Twin Falls and trying our best to talk to everyone and find new people to teach, and it seems like nothing has been working. We've been struggling to find and to work with members, and I'm thankful for you all that sent me advice and some extra fry sauce on the side love, we'll see what we can do differently and new. "We're not stuck...there is traction."

Anyway I was feelin' pretty down in the snow and not super stoked to be here, but I had some good people around that brought me up again. Me and Hermana Corona went to Sushi-Ya when we didn't have a dinner and had some ono foods. At 8:00 that night, I was wondering "what the frick am I doing in Idaho on my 21st birthday?" and Sister Hansen and Sister Reisinger came and picked us up in their red Toyota Corolla and took us to see the most magical display of Christmas lights I ever did see in Filer, had 2 bottles of gatorade in the car, and played me some Sufjan Christmas jams. Doesn't get better than that, right? This year, I'm grateful for the good people and good friends that I have surrounding me. God works through people. 



Love you fam! The holidays make you sentimental anyway, but the holidays on a MISSION make you like a freaking can of Mexican coke that you shook up, ready to explode with sentimental-ness. 

Lots of Love,
Hermana Hanatea Elkington 

No comments:

Post a Comment