Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Todo Dia, Cada Dia!

Hola amigos!



So in our district we have an Elder, Elder Gill, who only eats bread. We're not sure what's wrong with him but he forreal only eats bread. So we call him "Pansolo" jajajajaja (Grace, I thought you'd get a kick outta that one yee)

Our Maestro, Hermano Kartchner, gives us a chiste (joke) every time we are good. His jokes are muy blanco jajaja but really funny. He also lets us have class in the gym sometimes so that we can get out of that freaking tiny classroom and we will walk around outside and practice Spanish together. Our district has been jamming to EFY music lately cuz we all miss music so much - there's some turnt EFY music though, supresa! (not really, but we act like it). 



Elder Clarke, our district leader, extended an invitation to our district last week. His invitation was to say "I love you" to each member of our district each day, or find a way to make them feel loved. As we have lived this invitation these past couple weeks, I've felt so much love it is my JAM! Before we go back to our halls to sleep each night, we will go around in a circle and shake one another's hands (no hugs! booo!) and say "I love you." It's the best let me tell you. I've only known these people for 3 weeks now, but I feel like I've known them for 10 holy crapoley years. This week all the Hermanas in our district got blessings from the Elders (we actually aren't supposed to be able to get comfort blessings because of some rule, but we found a way around it and talked to our District President) and Elder Morgan gave me a blessing that was straiiiiiight from God. He blessed me with peace and comfort for my family back home and told me that there is not one, but lots and lots of people in Idaho that are waiting for me to be there and be their friends. It was a bomb blessing let me tell you!


I also got a letter from Uncle Aaron this week that said, "Remember that of all the things the Savior could have required as a prerequisite for missionary service, the one thing he said he needed from us to call us to the work is a desire to serve God." I freaking looooove itttttt! Heavenly Father doesn't require us to know scripture mastery or always listen to EFY music, we just need a desire to serve God and our brothers and sisters! I've felt this way strong this week. I know that when you have that desire, God is going to help you with the rest of the stuff you need to be doing, and you can bless the lives of others like crazy kine. 

This week I also got to see the one and only C Riley Chowen yeeeee! Tiana and Anne left on Monday and wowzers those 2 bangahs are in Japan now doing good stuff. Thank you for all your letters and support it means the whole world to me. In other news, Hermana Saari can't say "Totoro" and says "Totro" and it cracks me up and also this Hermana, Hermana Smith, from another District, is a freaking baaaalllller at basketball! She wins knockout every single time we play! And she's a total nerd from Idaho who has never played basketball! We call her "THE SMITH!" We also made beard braids w/ Brigham Young. Shoots. OH and my hermanas straightened my hair this week for the first time in ever. lol gurlz. 




Lots of Love,
Hermana Elkington 


No comments:

Post a Comment