Tuesday, October 17, 2017

"The Man of your life will be Spanish." -Presidente Acosta

Familia Cortes (Boise)

Twin Falls is bumpin' friends. I've had "Where is the Love" by the Black Eyed Peas stuck in my head for 14 days now so plz send help

Before I left Boise, the Branch President told me "the man of my life will be Spanish." Last piece of advice from the Boise Branch, heawikooooooo hahahahahaa

Familia Lopez (Boise)

We had a dope Hermana reunion in Meridian this week - we'll get the opportunity to work in the Meridian Temple Open House and for the first time in mission history all the Hermanas got to get together! It was great to see old companions and party with them for a little bit. They're some pretty sweet friends. 

We had dinner with the Familia Gutierrez this week and they are my Familia Quezada here in Twin. It's been cool to start getting to know members and investigators here in the Twin Falls branch and I'm excited for change. We've been working hard and have extended a few baptismal dates - we workin' harrrrrd to see some progress here in our area (and have been having fun while we at it).

I got a call from my Dad last week and he told me that my Grandpa Waha had passed away. It hasn't been the smoothest ride from there - I just want to be with my family right now, and it's been difficult to focus on the other hard things I have to be doing as a missionary. We got a knock on the door this week though and EMMA HOUGHTON'S grandparents opened the door - it was nice to share some grandparent love and get some hugs from people that reminded me of home. Aunty Lannette always says, "You can do hard things!" Its truuuuu friends. We can do hard things. 

Me & the Crowley's

Lastly, we found some Pupusas here in Twin and had some good flashbacks to crazy Boise life. It's been a ride, with some crazy bumps and turns, but we still laughing and smiling and juicing and being happy. Hope all of your lives are going happy as well! Email me if you need anything or just want to tell me how great of a missionary I am lolololol #humble
QUEZADAS

Love you all fam! Thanks for the prayers & the love,
Hermana Elkington

No comments:

Post a Comment