Thursday, April 6, 2017

Principe de Paz


I'll be honest, this week was pretty rough. I can't really describe to you guys what's hard about missionary work, but it is HARD. A lot of things combined, for sure. But through these hard things we can have peace.

The Easter Initiative for the Church is this dope video called el Principe de Paz, and we got the opportunity to share this with a bunnnnch of people throughout the week. It gave us a reason to knock on new doors, and we have 3 new investigators. We also visited people who were just having straight up crap weeks and showed them the video and were able to just sit in silence for a few minutes and remember peace and take a freaking break from all the bad stuff that happens. 

One tender mercy this week - Tina, the lady who grad from Kahuku, gave me her jacket this week (I needed a jacket) and then we helped her clean her house and she pumped some Hawaiian jams for me and hooooooooly my heart was full. 

I've had some rough days here for sure. In all honesty, being in Idaho is really hard (I'm sure Sis. Houghton knows this hahahaa) because so many people have already heard of the church and have made up their minds about the church, even with Hispanics. It can be crazy discouraging and sometimes we wonder what good we're actually doing - another hard thing for me is General Conference. This is the opposite of most Mormons (lol lo siento no lo siento) but I have a hard time handling conference and sitting there for 8 hours and listening to people tell me MORE things that I should be doing, but some of the talks were a blessing, especially in the last session. 

I'd like to invite all you papayas to go look at MORMON.ORG and watch the Easter video and look at the Easter initiative - there are some great things to do and learn and to just chill out when you're having rough times. If you're currently having a rough time, take some time to meditate, listen to some good jams, watch the sunset, or go on a walk.


The work goes on in Burley Idaho! The wind is still blowing (effffff lol)! I love you all and appreciate all of your support and emails and straight up love! Hope everyone has a BALLIN' WEEK

Lots of Love,
Hermana Elkington 

1 comment:

  1. Keep doing "hard" things, Sister Elkington!!! You rock at it!!!

    ReplyDelete