Sunday, April 30, 2017

Corn Dogs and Earth Day



First off, HAPPY EARTH DAY I hope you all got out and breathed some goob air and felt the wind and hugged a tree and sat on some grass! For Earth Day here, we got to do a huge service project and do a bunch of yard work for a member here in Burley. Made my LIFE foreal - we were weedwacking and pulling weeds and mowing the lawn and chopping down trees and it made my hands feel busy and my soul a little more happy haha. Good stuff - we also saw a Pelican fly across Snake River! A real live Pelican! It was like an effing National Geographic documentary but with my own ojos! 

We also got some 99c corndogs this week that were meeeeeean! Surprisingly! Me and Hermana Allen had a dinner cancel on us so we were like welp. Corndogs it is! Best decision of the week. While we were there Hall&Oates were playing on the radio and I was like BLESSSSSSSSSS 

This week has been tough visiting people. Almost all of our appointments fell through and we visited tonnnns of houses, but no one was home. So we haven't been able to teach a lot, which can be discouraging - hopefully this was just a bad week. I'm trying to know everyone's work schedules too and after being in the area for only one transfer, it's really hard to remember everything. 


Our car is in the SHOP this week, so we are on bikes! And guess what! It's actually a huuuuuge blessing I kid you not! Being outside in the wind and rain has brought us to like 4 new houses just in the past day, and we have been able to just stereotype some Hispanic houses and knock on the door and set up a bunch of appointments! Bomb stuff. Feeling real close to da aina this week haha.

We also had a dinner with Juan and Araceli last night which was hilarious - somehow the conversation got turned into how to make alcoholic drinks (me and Hermana Allen learned a lot!) and then turned into not smoking weed and I taught them the word "pakalolo" and Araceli is just walking around now saying pakalolo all the time and I just was roooooollling laughing. 

Hope everyone's week was good! Love you all with all of my corazon! Remember to stay happy and BREATHE

Lots of love,
Hermana Elkington

1 comment:

  1. This is so great! I love your emails. I am so proud of you and your ability to stay positive and see the good and humor in your situations. Glad you got to get dirty and serve. Always helps. Love you tons. and you look beautiful by the way! love your auntie.

    ReplyDelete