Monday, May 8, 2017

Jawaiian Jams and the Sun

Aloha PRIMOS,


We got our car back and have been cruising this week! I fo sho miss being on bikes because I feel less air and less free, but now we can do all of the work we have been needing to do in Paul and Heyburn, the places that are too far to bike to. But HERE'S A MIRACLE THIS WEEK.....IT HAS BEEN LIKE 80 DEGREES! Me and Hermana Allen have been studying outside and helping Araceli fix her deck and (shhhhhh smallkine playing in the water cheehee haha) and getting slightly less white than we have been. I've just been jamming! I love the sun.

We have been working a lot this week with the Familia Magana. Nayeli, the mom, is a member and has become really good friends with us - we took her to a lesson and all of a sudden she's wanted to really come back to Church and have lessons with us. We had a Noche de Hogar with her and her kids and her husband, who isn't a member and it went so good! We had fun and talked about baptism and the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I'm really stoked to keep on working with them and hopefully we can help them get their kids baptized soon. I really love them a lot. 

We have also found 3 new investigators and a TON of new potentials around Burley, just by being on bikes last week. It's hard to find people that are really interested in learning about the gospel, but it's such a blessing to have so many people around the area that we can visit and teach, and our days are busy and full. 




We also helped clean Tina's house this week and she jammed some Jawaiian music for me and BLESSSSSSSSSS I miss home! So funny how you hate Jawaiian until you leave the Island. I got a package this week that was full of letters from my L2 family and it made my day with happy tears.

There are always struggles in the mission life, but we keep on keeping on! Trying to have as much fun as we can while we do it and help as many people as we can. If you guys have any questions, feel free to shoot and I'll answer them in my next email! Hope everyone has a great lovely sunny happy wonderful week - let me know if there's anything I can do to help! Love you all!

Hermana Elkington 

No comments:

Post a Comment