Saturday, May 27, 2017

Somos las Misioneras, we want to be your Friends!

Guess who had a baller week! Hanatea did! 


We finally got two of our investigators, Ismael and Nathan on baptismal date. Me and Hermana Allen were like okizayyyy - we need to do something different. So we had an awesome lesson with them in the Chapel and were like, hey, we'll play basketball with you guys after the lesson! The Mom is a Menos Activo and the Dad isn't a member. We taught the lesson, decided on a date, and we just felt the spirit so strongly. Then we all played basketball together and their whole family was just playing and laughing and having fun and I just kept thinking this is what it's all about. Is having fun as a family, no matter what your situation is. It was a super cool day and reminded me of why I'm here and how much I love these people. 

Right after that, Hermana Allen had a leadership training and came back and told me that we're not allowed to play basketball with less-actives or investigators or pretty much anyone and that crushed me a little, because that was just super effective and totally fun and just GOOD. So here I am pissed about mission rules again haha...angst.  

I also got to go on an exchange to Rupert, and do some English work. I met a less-active named Brother Schawl and he played his guitar for me on his porch outside during the sunset and it was so magical that the hummingbirds even came out and said aloha. It was just a straight up slice of pie in my soul. Also super cool to do some English work! Rupert has a lot less members than Burley and there is a lot of people to talk with there who are more interested in learning!

Last thing that made my week - In Rupert, we had lunch with one of the WML's there and they had just come back from a trip to Hawaii. They stayed in Laie and just LOVED it there so much, and freaked out about musubis and all the goob foob you can get at 7/11 and how pretty the hikes are and the ocean and I was just full of super happy joy for my place! I miss the ocean. 


I miss you all! Thank you for all of your support and love - I feel it everyday. If anyone needs anything, let me know! If you love me, write me back (lol Isaiah)! Hope everyone has a great week and knows that I love the crap out of you. 

Hermana Elkington

No comments:

Post a Comment