Monday, September 25, 2017

CHANGE IS WHY WE'RE HERE

Alohalohaloha 


Here's some things that made my WEEK:
- We dropped off Charlene's baptismal record at the mission office and I got to see Elder Wright out of the blue!
- We ate at LOS BETOS (because no one wanted to feed the Spanish Sistahhhhzzz this week lol)
- Hermana Sundstrom's mom gave us a Chipotle gift card and we got burritos (and all of a sudden I missed Arenui with my whole heart hahaha)
- We got to teach a new investigator (a referral) named Claudia who is pretty much ready to be baptized

This week I was driving home from a lesson at like 9:25 and the moon was out and it was dark. It's usually been light lately when I've driven home, but as the Summer has started to wind down a little, it's started to change again. As I drove down the freeway I realized how much I love change. I hate change haha - but I love it. We're not here to do the same things again and again, we're here to improve, we're here to get better, be happier, and change. It's something for missionaries and it's something for human beings - change is why we're here. 

I've been feeling sick of this area for a while now. I'm tired of people not answering their doors and their phones, so we went down our list of people that we have to teach and are starting FRESH LIKE STRAWBERRIES - it is so scary to do this. To look in the back of your planner and to have less than half of the people you had previously to visit. But as soon as we did it, we found so many more potential investigators. We are trying things differently and trying things new, and trying to see some change here in the Boise Spanish area.


The Familia Cortes will be baptized this Saturday and we couldn't be happier for them. They have shown us what it's like to make sacrifices and what it's like to be disciples of Jesus Christ. We taught them the Law of Chastity, the Word of Wisdom, and the law of Tithing this week and Cecy said, "Well, there's sacrifices that you have to make to be happy." It was interesting to see how she accepted these commandments and how she's seen how happy the Gospel has made her and her family, and she's 100% in. I admire that so much! I want to be a 100% "in" missionary. 

At times I think that our area is too big - we can't cover 7 stakes! We can't help people get to church when they live so far away from the Branch Building! We can't get the members excited about missionary work and helping us because they haven't been in so long. But that's not why I'm here - I'm here for change, and I'm here to be 100% in - to love people with 100% of my heart. 

Also, we taught Fredy and Alexis (our two investigators from Colombia) and I love going to his house because it's out in Meridian and I get to get OUT OF THE CITY - while we taught them, they kept inviting us to go to this sketch Colombian dance with them and finally at the end of the lesson (it was actually a good lesson, they're hilarious) Fredy was like "you never said if you could come dancing." And we were like lol Fredy nope, can't come dancing with you hahahaha. I put in some dope pics w/ his llama. 

Hope everyone has a baller week. Don't let llamas spit at you. 
Lots of Love,
Hermana Elkington

No comments:

Post a Comment