Monday, September 25, 2017

go grande or go home

The Familia Cortes were the highlight of my week. They're like chocolate haupia pie and everything else good in the world.

Their baptism on Saturday was a beautiful service and I felt the support and love of the Branch like I never have before. We love them so much. Hermana Quezada was sitting next to me and kept saying ,"Look how happy they look! Look how happy they ARE!" And I'm reminded time and time again that this gospel is about being happy, smiles, peace, healing, and love. It's been interesting to be able to find this family,  teach them, and still be in the area to help them be baptized #supahhhblesssssssssssss



I'm so far from a perfect missionary (erryday I think about how much I miss cruising at the beach lol) but I read something this week that Uncle Aaron wrote me while I was in prison (the MTC) he said, "There will be hard times, but that's okay. God is preparing you to help bring souls to Him, and I am absolutely positive that you are going to be very successful in that endeavor." There have been a lot of ways I've grown since I've been doing this, and I think "being successful" has been something I've learned how to realize. This mission is so focused on numbers - I hate that. A mission is about PEOPLE. We are here to help and here to love, and that's how we find success. 

Hope you cuzzzzins had a stellar week lol. Loves and more loves

Hermana Elkington



PICS: The Cortes' baptism & hiking Table Rock w/ the district (Heavenly Father let me get out of the city finally cheeeeeeeepono) 

No comments:

Post a Comment