Monday, September 25, 2017

Idaho White-aho

Here's how I saw the hand of God in my week:

- I got to go on exchanges with Sister Fangai'uiha (from Honolulu!) My favorite quote of the week is from her - "I think I got sent to Idaho because I hate white people and I needed to learn to love them." 
- We started a tradition called Sunday Sleepovers
- I got a package with a crapton of beef jerky and coconut almonds (pretty sure from Aunty Kia cuz she knows me SO WELL)
- We found a new investigator from talking to a lady at a bus stop

As we were driving home from a really rough day when everything cancelled on us, INCLUDING the members that were supposed to come out and do some visits, I blasted the Amy Grant Christmas Album (blesssssss Hermana Quezada) and was reminded of my Mom (and realized that if I had to describe my parents in 3 artists, it'd be Amy Grant, JT, and Mariah Carey hahahahahahaha). 

We had a sweet lesson this week with one of our investigators named Araceli and her 2 kids, Barbie and Kevin. We gave them a Kid's Book of Mormon and as they read it during the week, they said "We just love this book, and we always want to read it!" They are set to be baptized in October, and we'll keep teaching them and see how that works out. Keep them in your prayers this week!

Every week I have such a struggle with this area. We are working so hard, and the results seem to come so slow or not at all. It's been incredibly frustrating to work here, and it's been so hard to remember the happiness you feel from the GOOD things that happen on a mission. I was reading in my journal from Burley this week and read this (lol quoting myself)

"It's the feeling you get when you love someone and you help someone, and make a friend. Then they love you for YOU, just like the Savior loves you."

My favorite thing about being a missionary is meeting people and essentially, making friends. Friends that have shown me Christlike love and have shown me the difference that the gospel can make in your life. In all the frustration with rules, cancelled lessons, unwilling members, tough companions, you find a happiness here that you can't find anywhere else. 


Love you guys x10000000000 - stay scrubba, stay happy. Someone jump in the ocean for me and listen to Miike Snow. Email me if you want to meet up at the Meridian Temple open house lololololol ;)))))

Lots of Love,
Hermana Elkington 

No comments:

Post a Comment