Wednesday, November 15, 2017

The Charity Van

Aloha Fam! 


Working at the Meridian Temple open house has been one of the dopest experiences I've had on the mission. We all load up, 2 companionships and 1 trio, into our white minivan and go on the roadtrip to Boise/Meridian, listening to some good jams and eating some goob foods. I've loved partying with these sisters. We've started calling it the Charity Van cuz someone always offers to pay for our Dutch Brozkies or Krispy Kreme #blesssssssssss

This Sunday I was walking through the chapel to Principios del Evangelio and as I came up to the room guess who I saw - ARACELI. I ran up to give her the biggest hug and she came with her 3 girls from Burley to visit me in Twin Falls! We both gave our testimonies in Sacrament Meeting and she said how she received an answer to her prayer that day and that God is real. Seeing her was an answer to MY prayers - one of the best people I've ever met. It felt like being home. 

One of my favorite quotes this week was from Jose Vasquez -

"7th Day Adventists eat fake pork. They make their pork out of soy. And that's lying! It's lying to eat fake pork! It's just not right!"

I don't even remember what we were teaching him it cracked me up, that guyyyyy




Something that President Bartlett told us in an email is to "take care of yourself." I loved that, because this is hard work. You gotta take yo gatorade breaks when you need to - pretty sure Jesus did too. Take care of yourselves friends! 

Lots & lots & lots of love,
Hermana Hanatea Elkington 

No comments:

Post a Comment