Monday, April 30, 2018

aloha shoyu

This was straight up one of the hardest weeks of my mission, straight up one of the funnest too. Saying goodbye to Hermana Bashford was literally the worst and I miss that girl already. We drove her up to Boise yesterday and she got on the plane to Ecuador this morning - I wanted nothing more in the world than to go there with her (jk love my mission no worries beef curries) 



We decided to make some daily contact with our investigator, Fernando, and we went to Patagonia Grill where he works and got some Mate (I could drink that ish for dayyyyyyys) and Empanadas, Hermana Bashford looks out the window and is like "look who it is!" and Gil walks in, so we just cruise at the restaurant with him. Best daily contact, best lessons, all revolve around food. Have I learned anything on the mission? Yes. It's this. too much love. 

We tried and tried to get some of our homies to come to Church this Sunday and nothing worked, people said they'd come, we followed up like 800 times, passed by their houses, bailed. bailed. Sometimes I'm like why not? Why not come to church? It's like sunny today, 70 beautiful degrees outside, just come feel closer to God and feel the spirit and then go BBq with the fam and life will be just that much better. But no. So we went and taught Gospel Principles (despite none of our investigators being there, we had a pretty good sized class) and when we went to Sacrament meeting, we looked behind us and there's Diana. She came with her 4 year old daughter and I've never seen someone love the hymns that we sing so much. I guess they've got a better ring to them in Spanish. God looks out for us. 

Hope everyone has a baller week friends. Pray for me cuz I lost  my best friend (but also know that everything will be good). 

Lots and lots and lots of love,
Hermana Hanatea Elkington 

No comments:

Post a Comment