Monday, April 30, 2018

stay @ church, i promise it's good


Me and Hermana Sundstrom got to drive up to Boise this week for a Doctor's Appointment and it was a trip to be back in that city. There's snow that covers the mountains now and it's got a different kind of beauty to it that makes it seem like it's changed a lot. It was good to be back though, even for a few hours - we went to Delsa's for burgers for da memoriiiiies

We got to see Angel, one of the Elder's investigators, get baptized this week. He moved recently from Peru and it was one of the most beautiful services I've ever seen - I felt the spirit strongly in the actual ordinance of baptism, but mostly I felt the spirit in the relationships that I saw that were built and the love that I saw shown. Angel bore his testimony and said that the Elders were a light in his life, that his life has completely changed since he has known the gospel. There were such good expressions of love shown and it reminded me of home. 

This week I was overwhelmingly grateful for Idaho and our Spanish Branch here in Twin. Driving to Boise, I looked out past the all the dairies and fields and dirt and I love this land. Idaho has brought me challenges that I never knew I needed and never knew that I could overcome, and it has pushed and pulled me in ways that I didn't know where possible. And I'm so grateful for all of it. As we sat there at the baptism, the members of the Branch bore powerful testimonies and shared the gospel in small and simple ways. 

One of the friends I made in Boise said that she left the Spanish Branch there because it was difficult to feel the spirit every week. I agreed, it was hard, especially when there were leaders that acted like they didn't want to be at Church. This week, at our Branch in Twin, I felt the spirit stronger than I ever had before at Church in my whole life. (Probs cuz there was no dramazzzz) The members gave their testimonies about the Book of Mormon and about the goodness they have in their lives from the gospel. A lot of the time, sitting in Sacrament meeting is hard for me, I have trouble understanding everything and I'm tired from the week and want to go home. But this week I didn't want it to end. 

Thnkzxxxx x10000 for your prayers. We get transfer calls this week, I'll be training a new Hermana probably in Twin Falls but ya never know, might get to whitewash Jerome (crossing my fingers). love you aunties & uncles,

much Aloha,
Hanatea

ps I'll get to be with Hermana Corona for 2 days while Hermana Sundstrom goes up to Boise cheeeeeeeEEEEEEEPONOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment