Monday, May 14, 2018

aina jams & lilikoi butter



Our Relief Society Meeting on Sunday (we work in an English ward but have a Spanish Group of about 25 members) was about ministering and how we can involve the Young Women in Ministering to those that need help, and it turned into "We think the missionaries need more food! When are the Hermanas coming to eat at my house?" for an hour and it was cherreh 

Still doing so happy here in Sun Valley - kind of waiting for the high to end, but it isn't. Every day I wake up and I WANT to be a missionary and do good for others, and that feels so good. The air is fresh and I can hear the water and I'm doing good [tru aina child] 


We saw one of the Family's we visit who have investigated the Church on and off for about 8 years. We had a great lesson with them about the Book of Mormon and just got to know them a little, and invited them to be baptized this Month and they agreed. They expressed how this past week there has been lots of change, new missionaries, but it's been something good - it was a reminder for me that the gospel is about change and things are changing all the time. And it always brings something better. 

The Members here have welcomed us so warmly it feels like Laie. Part of me feels like I've finally found the balance of cruising & working hard, cuz you gotta have both to be happy - here's to making more smoothies and playing more basketball w/ strangers, hope you all have some good jams this week 


loads of love,
Hermana Hanatea Elkington 

No comments:

Post a Comment