Tuesday, May 29, 2018

breathe in, breathe out, don't make die ded

this week was incredible fam. Sun Valley doesn't stop giving good. 

We went to Dietrich, this little tiny town outside of Shoshone, and found a ton of people to teach, thanks to the members. There's this guy named Mike who had us over to his house and invited a bunch of Hispanics and his wife showed them how to make cookies. We taught them a little and set up a ton of return appts, afterwards Mike asked us if we could kneel in prayer. We did, and afterwards we were both inspired to have him introduce us to the people he knew. So Mike took us out to Dietrich and introduced us to all of his hispanic friends, and then took us out to get a chicken fried steak from the only place to eat in Dietrich called the Eagle's Nest. Do you see why I'm so happy? you know me. This Sunday we drove back down to Dietrich and one of those families came to church with us. This is what happens when members and missionaries and chickens work together. all good things. 

Back in Hailey, we went on splits and I got to go with one of the young women, a recent convert in our ward, she got baptized back in December. She was so excited to share the gospel and she taught it like a missionary who's been in the field forever. We visited one of our families that was a little stagnant, and after that visit, after hearing her conversion story and asking her questions about it, they decided to come to church together. 

It's been interesting being in an area that has given so much back to me. In my last area, I was so used to giving it my all and getting little in return; in the long run, what maters is your output, not the input you get. That's how we serve God - we try our very hardest and don't expect anything in return. But I'm so grateful to be here and experience something different. There's been some crazy thunderstorms in the valley and we've got caught in the rain on our bikes a number of times, usually the mountains are beautiful, but brown and dry. This week they've been green, almost like Hawaii green (I've just been away for too long I don't remember real green). And it happened in a matter of days. I thought about the healing effects of the gospel; how we can all be healed from anything, we just have to let the water in and be willing to get wet. And we can be healed in a matter of moments. Just allow it to happen - allow yourself to forgive & forget and be you. 

I'm so grateful for my mission. and for you! hope you have a baller week. email me if I can do anything for you 



loads of love,
Hanatea 

ps if anyone ever wants to go with me to a Mumford and Sons concert hmu. not sure if they're still making music. been gone for like 8 years now. but still an option. 

No comments:

Post a Comment