Tuesday, May 29, 2018

blessings on rice

Sometimes I kind of sit on my bed in Hailey and look out at the sunset and the mountains and wonder how my life could be any better as a missionary. I've been too blessed, it's too good to be true - what did I do to deserve this? This week we got plenty of watermelon from members and it reminded me of the good Boise days when me and Hermana Sundstrom would get a watermelon a DAY. Sister Nelson had us over for dinner and was like, "oh you're from Hawaii you must miss having fruit!" and packed us up, ready to go. 



I got to go on an exchange with Sister Enkhbold, who is from Mongolia - I remember meeting her 6 months ago when she couldn't understand anything and now her English is incredible. She made me soup with rice for lunch. 

We came back from our run one morning and Uncle Doug came out of the house and said, "Want to learn how to bail trees? I'll make breakfast." So he made us smoothies and french toast and we helped him bail his trees (I think that's what it's called...), where you wrap it all up kind of like a Christmas tree. It felt so good to work with my hands for a little bit and to be outside. We talked with Uncle Doug for a while (he's got to be one of my favorite people in the area and takes really good care of me) and he said that he KNOWS Uncle Buddy - so he texted him and Uncle Buddy said, "Take good care of her and give her a hug for me, I've know that girl since baby days!" You know me. Just started bawling. Apparently Uncle Doug's mission companion was also Bro Ho Ching from Laie 2nd ward, I don't know how this even happens but God takes care of you when you need it fo'sho. 



This Memorial Day was kind of insane, we taught tons of lessons (which doesn't usually happen on holidays) and found lots of people around the area that were warm and friendly and happy to see us. I swear the sun makes all the difference. It was great - we had 8 of our investigators come to the Hailey 1st Ward this week and taught the Gospel Principles class (on the fllyyyyyyy) and have seen some major success in Sun Valley, I know that the Lord is working with us as we work hard. It's been pretty rad to see. 

Thanks for all the love and prayers fam, it feels too good to even explain to be in a good place right now. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you, if you like, I'll make you tacos when I get home.


Loves,
Hanatea 

No comments:

Post a Comment