Tuesday, January 2, 2018

I am a rock. I am an island. *merry christmas!*

Aloha Fam, this was one of my favorite weeks on my mission! Doesn't stop going up and down right? "This was the worst day of my life!!" ---> "THIS WAS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!" 


One of our investigators, Rosa, drove us to a Christmas Concert called "Come to Bethlehem" and we cried together and felt some good Christmas feels and ate a lot of bread. It was way cool and I think It's so sweet to just be good friends with people on your mission. We got to just spend a night cruising with Rosa which I think is valuable as we teach the gospel - we like to cruise too! 

The Luna Family, a Spanish Family the Buhl Elders were teaching, got baptized this week and me and Hermana Corona were able to teach the Restoration at the baptism. Afterwards Hermano Luna got up and bore his testimony of gratitude about how happy the gospel has made him. Elder Baccarini gave a short, simple talk about the Holy Ghost and how it guides us to make the right decisions and how it comforts us in times of need. It was a sweet day. 

 We got permission from President to go to Buhl and contact the Spanish families that live there! I drove up to downtown Buhl with Sister Reisinger (we went on exchanges) and I am in love with that tiny town. It felt like home (except cold as balls. sorry for my non-missionary language. can't help it). We knocked on some former investigator's doors and were welcomed in warmly by several families and shared the Light the World video with lots of people. They were so grateful for us to stop by and said, "We don't know why the missionaries just stopped coming!" We'll see what we can do to get Spanish missionaries back in Buhl. I realized that it's pretty much my dream area ....merry christmas to Hanatea?? *pllllzzzzzzzz*

The Gutierrez family also had us over for dinner yesterday and we just hung with them, it's always good to find those good homie members that are just good to the missionaries. Hermano Gutierrez just got back from his mission in Mexico and had tons of sweet stories to tell us and we laughed and had some good foods. 

I am reminded every day that this season is about love. I've seen so much love from others on my mission and so much love shown from the Spanish Branch here. It's frustrating a lot of the time being on a mission - it'll always be frustrating. But we learn to handle that frustration with grace and love, and then focus on the really important things, serving others with our hands and with our feet. 

Love you lots friends & fam - email me if you need anything! Can't wait to get back and cruise on the beach with all of you and be a good member missionary and get a coke from McDonalds and take some good pictures and have some good fun. 

Lots of Love,


Hermana Hanatea Elkington 

No comments:

Post a Comment