Saturday, January 20, 2018

manapuanapunaaldkadnfadkl

We've had a cherreh week friends - me and Hermana Corona have been doin' happy and jammin' here in Twin Falls.



This week we taught one of our investigators, Graciela, about the Restoration of the Gospel. She's a real slow learner, so it took us about 8 times to teach the whole lesson (we try to see her once every other day) and it's improved our teaching skills but most importantly our loving skills. Everyone has their own time, everyone has their own difficulties and challenges - she's got a lot right now, and it's been cool to apply those teachings of the gospel into her own life. She learns a little slower than most people, but she understands that we have a prophet today. It's been cool to have someone in the area accept this message of hope & love and be willing to read the scriptures with us and come to Church.

Monica and her family, some homie members in the branch, made us Hawaiian food this Saturday fullkine with the manapuas and kalua pork and rice and I died. I also got Otai on an exchange to Sister Hall's area this week and the guy that gave it to us was all swearing at his dog to get out of the house and mixing kava and I felt more at home than I ever have lol. 

We were able to watch a Devotional from President and Sister Uchtdorf this week - he talked about not worrying about your future and putting your trust in the Lord because He knows the big picture (and we don't). It was good to hear & see and I felt pretty at peace with whatever's gonna happen with my life. Want to make a foodtruck in Hawaii and sell some ono foods? Go for it. I think God cares about that kinda stuff - if it's important to you, then it's important to Him. This is some of the really cherrehhhhhh knowledge that I've learned on my mission - just a strengthened relationship with God and Jesus and knowing that they love me no matter what crap I pull. I think they're stoked when I get a break from the mess that's around us and go longboarding for a bit, as long as I'm still loving others and know when it's time to get back to work. I feel that. 

Love you all fam :)))) Thanks for the love and emails and prayers. Someone go listen to the Shins for me plz. Keep ballinnnnnn''''''''


<3
Hermana Hanatea Elkington 

No comments:

Post a Comment