Thursday, July 19, 2018

time to get uncomfy to get comfy


This week I had kind of a mid-mission crisis but I'm way past the middle of my mission (but isn't your whole mission a crisis??) idk what it was but I freaked out a little bit but it's all g. I was just sitting watching the broadcast by President Nelson for the Youth (we brought a group of the young women with us, it was great to chill with them and do some missionary work) and I just kinda freaked and was really tired of looking at a screen for a sec and listening to someone talk. I really think the gospel is about what we do. It's about what we act on. We could listen to someone talk all day, we could watch a screen all day, but if we're not loving and caring for others with our hands and our words, what are we doing? It was a good reminder that the gospel is about loving through actions - getting up and DOING something about what you feel and what you think. That's what Jesus did. 



I saw this love expressed to me several times this week. Savannah, one of the YW in the ward, came out to a lesson with me - this was the first time she'd been out with a missionary and has been learning Spanish in school - and she did so incredible. It kind of blew me away, because we started teaching (it was a new investigator so fressssshie lesson) and she started literally teaching the first lesson with me. I felt like she was wearing a tag. She said she loved teaching and has been struggling with whether or not she would like to go on a mission and I was like "aunty we need you out here" 

Uncle Doug had us over to help weed his tree farm and in the morning he made us scrambled eggs with elk and kim chee. "Uncle Doug's Scramble"

Elder Taylor came this week for a mission tour (he played for BYU Basketball so you know I was in love) and he taught us some valuable things about teaching and finding, but I think the main thing that I took away was that missions are made exactly for us. One of our old investigators, Diana, got baptized this week in Twin Falls and we were able to go down for it and I thought of all the experiences that I had there, and how tough it was each day. But if I hadn't gone through that, I wouldn't be the Hanatea I am today (or try to be lol). God gives us stuff that makes us good, it makes us lean outward and leap forward in uncomfortable ways that end up being way comfortable in the end. God never gives us stones or serpents, He gives us bread, fish, and eggs. And it's our job to help people recognize those eggs - not by watching, but by doing. Not by preaching, but by living. Does that make sense? 





Loves to you all, I can't thank you enough for your friendship and prayers and love and actions and good things. Let me know if you need anything. Here's to being happy 

No comments:

Post a Comment