Thursday, July 19, 2018

*crying constantly but super happy*


Our Ward Mission Leader had us over for dinner this week and we walked in, he stuck his head out of the kitchen and was allllll dirty (he cuts wood in the mountains everyday) and said "I'm making fish & chips just for you so you better love it" and then his phone rang and he answered it and started cussing at his brother (out of love) - slowly coming to the end of my mission I'm appreciating the little stuff and the good jams that help me feel at home and realizing that we're all in this crazy journey together. 

After dinner we went on splits, I went with him and his wife to visit one of their friends and shared a short lesson about commandments and obedience and how when we follow the commandments, we "prosper," or we're happy. She expressed that she felt the spirit so strongly and wants to make some changes in her life and I'm grateful for the gospel and that it makes us happy. You deal with a lot of crap, but when it comes down to it, it's a lot simpler than we make it out to be. 


I was reading through some old letters that I had gotten from friends because I've been feeling really alone lately and scared and not completely sure what I'm gonna do after this, and I read something that totally stuck with me that a good friend had written for me that I wanted to share -

"Let go of what you can't control. Quit worrying about expectations. Don't compare. Let go of trying to be perfect. People come in and out of our lives constantly so love on them while you can and let go when it's time. Close your eyes and imagine that you're being held in the palm of God's hand because that's how it is." 

Change comes and goes and life constantly goes on, up and down and makes crazy unexpected turns that you hadn't anticipated. And in the end, it all turns out good. Trying to calm my nerves and thank the lord it's almost 4th of July so I can cruise w some good homies, really remembering and reflecting on how happy this journey has made me. It's helped me find who I am and who I want to become - you don't need a tag to do that. Maybe I did. But really, it's about becoming a disciple of Jesus Christ and living like He did. I'm so grateful for the experiences that I've had that have helped me grow, the good and the bad. 


thanks for everything. take care of yourselves and remember to take some time for you, then take some time fo' da neighbors (sometimes taking some time fo' da neighbors ends up being da time fo' you!), eat some good grindz and cruise with your favorite people in the world. stay cherreh

No comments:

Post a Comment