Thursday, July 19, 2018

mission hangover sbi Inbox x


One of our homies, Mike, over in Dietrich (which has got like 700 people in it) threw a Hispanic party at his house on Saturday and had a great turnout - his house was packed with like 40 mexicans (the dream). As soon as we got there, everyone was yelling and the kids were shooting all the adults w/ nerf guns (classic) and Mike yelled (who doesn't speak spanish) yelled, "The Sisters are here, we're gonna have a prayer!" I got to offer a prayer in Spanish - not one of these people were members of the church - and you could feel the Spirit enter the room immediately. Everyone calmed down and then we all ate together and Jessica made the best dang Horchata I've ever had in my life. This is what it's about fam! 


I can't even say how grateful I was to not have to go to Transfers on Thursday and to lay on my bed playing my uke, listening to the canal and watching the sun go down. This area has brought so much good to me. Uncle Doug ordered a bunch of li hing mui this week and ginger and mango and all the blessings. 


I've been reflecting on my family a lot this week and how I have been taught to live the gospel - I've seen that so prevalent here in Sun Valley. It's mostly about doing good for others and love, we've been able to teach some really good lessons this week. We taught Erika down in Dietrich and she asked us, "When can I be baptized?" on our second lesson. But mostly what has impacted me has been to see the way that people treat each other, and that's when conversion is the strongest. When we're kind and Christlike and even make horchata for others or just are friends. 



My body feels a little broken and my back hurts all the time but other than that, I feel so healthy & good and eat lots of watermelon everyday. I'm so grateful that the Lord takes care of us when we need it the most. 

Love you all aunties & unkos let me know if there's anything I can do for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment