Thursday, July 19, 2018

Out of the Weekend

I've had a Neil Young song stuck in my head for the entire week and I don't see anything wrong with that. sbi. 



People keep talking to me about going home and it makes me nervous, I didn't think I'd be this scared, I know that Hailey will be hard to leave. I feel like you make such unique relationships with people on your mission and I'm scared to let that go - to leave it behind. I'm not a hundred percent sure how I'll find how to do that without the tag, but I'm stoked for other things like hiking everyday and spotify. you now me. 



We went on splits this week and had the best experience - I went with Lisa, one of the members that we live with, and we taught two lessons - one to this girl named Shellsy. We walked in and Lisa was like "Hey!! I know you!" Apparently Shellsy works at Wells Fargo and has helped Lisa with the ATM before, we had the best lesson with her and she came to church with us on Sunday. They were doing all the sustaining because it was Ward Conference and she turned to me and was like "wth is going on" and I laughed and was like "dude idk either" but after that I know she felt the spirit and she gave us big hugs when we left and thanked us for inviting her, and that she'll be back next week. 


After we taught our lessons I kinda just sat in the car and talked to Lisa for a long time about life and about love and the gospel and it was really good for me. I got home and sat on the canal and watched the sunset and listened to the birds and just cried and cried. I feel like I'm feeling every emotion all at once and it's not the funnest thing in the world, I know that God always keeps his eye on you and you'll be taken care of, and I've been SO taken care of. I'm so grateful for my mission. 


Lisa said that the #1 thing that she had taught her kids is that the gospel is about love. It's all about love. That really resonated with me and I was reminded of my own family. Sometimes I don't think God even cares about some things, He just cares that we're trying our best to be like Jesus and to be good to others. I've loved being able to see such sweet examples of this on my mission and being able to appreciate the love that others have shown to me (saved my life) 

Thanks for your love & prayers homies, hope everythings good wherever and whenever you are. Let me know if there's anything I can do for you! Smoothies! Tacos! loves! 


No comments:

Post a Comment