Thursday, July 19, 2018

Dad Day



We've been running running running and can't stop (won't stop) even though my body feels like it's breaking still g fam! Cody and Amy made us Elk tacos this week and we taught them the Restoration. It was way good, Cody hasn't been to church in a little while and we were like "we're gonna teach about the Restoration of the Gospel" and he turns to Amy (not a member) and is like "oooooh this is a good one." 



Shoutout to everyone that has helped me stay sane - I've got so much love this week it's unbelievable. Unko Doug let me jam on his ukes with him and Gene & Peggy made us ono shrimp and it rained last night and HF straight up takes care of you when you need it. 




The homies in Dietrich really hooked us up this week and we had 3 people come to church with us. We drove down there early Sunday morning to go translate Sacrament Meeting and Mike gave a Father's Day talk that really stuck to me. He told a story about (it was some apostle's homie, let's just call him Jeff cuz I no can remember da name) so Jeff went up the mountains and got his truck stuck in the snow. So braddah gets out and loads up with firewood cuz he's all like "well might as well use my time and cut some firewood cuz it stay cold" and so when he loads his truck, the weight that's in the bed helps him get un-stuck and he drives out of the snow and heads home to make his family a fire. So it was the load that he was carrying that helped him move forward. Mike talked about how we each have specific loads that we hold, on our shoulders, that help us move forward and get un-stuck.


I loved that and thought about how the loads that have been on my shoulders have, in the end, helped me move forward. 


Thanks for all the love fam - hope your week is nutzzz

No comments:

Post a Comment